These travelers do a lot of work for you so you can just make choices and enjoy your trip? MYWINERADIO prefers California Wine Country but some of our listeners like to take to the air now and then!
- Gifts Made in Britain: Gift Ideas for Travel Loversby Laurence Norah on October 19, 2020 at 12:38 PM
We love travel themed gifts, and we’ve already written a comprehensive guide to gifts for travellers. Today, we wanted to highlights some great gifts for travellers that are made in Britain / the UK. Buying a product made in Britain can help to support local business and jobs, as well as reduce the carbon footprint…
- How to Watermark Photos: A Detailed Guide for All Devicesby Laurence Norah on October 11, 2020 at 5:35 PM
In today’s guide I’m going to teach you how to watermark photos. Whatever type of camera or smartphone you have, there’s a way to add a watermark to your photos. I use watermarks on most of the photos I share on our blogs and on social media, and I have a process I use to…
- Whisky Distilleries in Scotland: A Guide to Whisky in Scotlandby Laurence Norah on October 7, 2020 at 5:37 PM
Scotland is well known as a producer of some of the best whiskies in the world, and there are over a hundred whisky distilleries in Scotland. Many of these distilleries are open for whisky tasting and tours. I had the pleasure of living in Scotland for a number of years, which allowed to me to…
- Cloudways Review: Is Cloudways the Best WordPress Host?by Laurence Norah on September 14, 2020 at 2:48 PM
In this post I’m going to review Cloudways as a WordPress host. This website, as well as our Independent Travel Cats site and Travel Photography Course are powered by WordPress and hosted by Cloudways. As a bit of background, before I became a travel blogger I worked as a software developer building websites, and I…
- Vanguard VEO 3+ 263AB Tripod Reviewby Laurence Norah on September 4, 2020 at 3:19 PM
I’ve been a Vanguard ambassador since 2014, and have used and reviewed a number of the tripods and camera bags over the years. Recently, they asked me if I’d like to try out the Vanguard VEO 3+ 263AB tripod, which marks a new direction for Vanguard’s VEO line. So, despite it not being a travel…
- The Norse Gods: An Intro to Viking Mythology & Key Sites in Norwayby Sonny Grace Bray on October 7, 2020 at 8:30 PM
Original content owned & copyrighted by Green Global Travel. There aren’t many archeological relics that remain from the Viking era, and very few recorded documents on Viking mythology due to it being an oral culture. So ship burial sites, unearthed rune stones, and the Eddas are our best sources for understanding Viking history and the importance of the Norse gods. The Eddas were two manuscripts Keep Reading The post The Norse Gods: An Intro to Viking Mythology & Key Sites in Norway appeared first on Green Global Travel.
- The 30 Best Hiking Backpacks & Daypacks for 2020by Bret and Mary on September 15, 2020 at 1:56 PM
Original content owned & copyrighted by Green Global Travel. Hiking and other forms of outdoor recreation have become increasingly vital to many people’s health (and, if we’re being honest, sanity) in 2020. You can tell from the record-breaking crowds at many of the US National Parks, and even our local Georgia State Parks, this summer. As a result, all the various Facebook Hiking Groups Keep Reading The post The 30 Best Hiking Backpacks & Daypacks for 2020 appeared first on Green Global Travel.
- The 15 Best Kauai Waterfalls (and How to Get to Them)by Christina Maggitas on September 7, 2020 at 3:37 PM
Original content owned & copyrighted by Green Global Travel. Hawaii’s fourth largest island, Kauai, is known as the “Garden Island,” and for good reason. The island is filled with a variety of stunning terrain, including tropical rainforests, lush valleys, towering cliffs, and cascading waterfalls. With some falls reaching hundreds of feet high and flowing into emerald pools and beautiful streams, the waterfalls in Kauai Keep Reading The post The 15 Best Kauai Waterfalls (and How to Get to Them) appeared first on Green Global Travel.
- Top 20 National Forests in America for Camping & Hikingby Jonathon Engels on September 2, 2020 at 6:54 PM
Original content owned & copyrighted by Green Global Travel. Though the inarguably grand US National Parks tend to steal most of the headlines, America has over 150 National Forests. These designated wilderness areas comprise nearly 200 million acres– more than twice the size of the national parks. And much like the parks, our US National Forests offer a wonderful array of outdoor activities. Some Keep Reading The post Top 20 National Forests in America for Camping & Hiking appeared first on Green Global Travel.
- The 15 Best UNESCO World Heritage Sites in the USA (For Nature/History Lovers)by Sonny Grace Bray on August 23, 2020 at 6:15 PM
Original content owned & copyrighted by Green Global Travel. UNESCO World Heritage Sites offer visitors insight into places of natural or cultural importance that hold “outstanding universal value,” as stated in the UNESCO World Heritage Convention. Out of 1121 total sites in the world, there are 24 UNESCO sites in the USA. So even if you can’t travel to the ancient ruins of Greece’s Keep Reading The post The 15 Best UNESCO World Heritage Sites in the USA (For Nature/History Lovers) appeared first on Green Global Travel.
- Vista Verde Ranch – Where I Learned How to Dateby Sherry on October 15, 2020 at 7:30 PM
“The first date should be about getting to know the other person. If you show interest in what the other person likes and how they communicate – it goes better,” said Ben. That seems like solid advice I think as I nod my head. But then again, I’ve never been to good at dating before, The post Vista Verde Ranch – Where I Learned How to Date appeared first on Ottsworld Unique Travel Experiences.
- Try Denver’s Coffee Flavored Whiskey for National Coffee Dayby Guest Writer on September 29, 2020 at 10:00 AM
In an effort to bring you some new voices on Ottsworld, here is a guest post from writer Sherry Spitsnaugle. I met Sherry at a Denver event and found out that she was a travel writer! So not only does she have a cool name, but she also has a way with words! All opinions, The post Try Denver’s Coffee Flavored Whiskey for National Coffee Day appeared first on Ottsworld Unique Travel Experiences.
- Campervan Road Trip Tips: What I’ve Learned After a Month on the Roadby Sherry on September 24, 2020 at 10:00 AM
In an effort to bring you some new voices on Ottsworld, here is a guest post from Kit Parks. I met Kit at a blog conference. I learned that she is a podcaster and an avid long distance hiker; we immediately hit it off! We shared stories on different long distance walks and bonded! She The post Campervan Road Trip Tips: What I’ve Learned After a Month on the Road appeared first on Ottsworld Unique Travel Experiences.
- Take a Northern Colorado Road Trip to experience a different side of Colorado Cultureby Sherry on September 21, 2020 at 10:00 AM
Sponsored Content: I worked with Visit Colorado to support this Northern Colorado trip, however all opinions expressed here are mine. And the itinerary was determined by me based on things I like to do. When you think of Colorado you probably think of the mountains; skiing in the winter and hiking in the summer. However, The post Take a Northern Colorado Road Trip to experience a different side of Colorado Culture appeared first on Ottsworld Unique Travel Experiences.
- Travel by Van in this Epic Colorado Road Trip featuring Mountains, Dunes, and Canyonsby Sherry on September 8, 2020 at 10:00 AM
Yes – there are tons of Colorado Road trip articles out there, but I’m going to tell you why this one is different. I live in Colorado. This is my home. I’m not going to tell you to drive I70 to the normal places, nor will I tell you to go to Rocky Mountain National The post Travel by Van in this Epic Colorado Road Trip featuring Mountains, Dunes, and Canyons appeared first on Ottsworld Unique Travel Experiences.