- 2020 Election: Golden 1 Center Opening For In-Person Votingby Sacramento Local News From CBS 13 And KOVR – CBS Sacramento on October 24, 2020 at 6:51 AM
Early voting is underway in California and starting Saturday, Sacramento County residents can vote in person at one of 18 voting centers.
- Weekend Closures Continue Along I-5 In Sacramentoby Sacramento Local News From CBS 13 And KOVR – CBS Sacramento on October 24, 2020 at 6:30 AM
If you're planning to travel through Sacramento on Interstate 5 this weekend, you may want to plan for some additional travel time.
- SJ neighborhood comes up with 'bright idea' for celebrating Halloween during pandemicby Amanda del Castillo on October 24, 2020 at 6:25 AM
In the South Bay, while some are canceling trick-or-treating altogether, others are finding creative ways around it.
- PG&E may cut power to 466,000 customers due to dangerous winds starting Sundayby Luz Pena on October 24, 2020 at 6:17 AM
PG&E could cut power to approximately 466,000 customers in 38 counties due to Sunday's forecasted wind event and high fire-risk conditions.
- City Considers Tiny Homes, Communities As Emergency Option Amid Sacramento Homeless Crisisby Sacramento Local News From CBS 13 And KOVR – CBS Sacramento on October 24, 2020 at 6:09 AM
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) — A controversial move is being considered in Sacramento to address the city’s homeless crisis. City leaders are deliberating an emergency ordinance that allow tiny home communities and tent cities in several neighborhoods. The city has already allocated $3.5 million that could buy up to 500 tiny homes. If the ordinance passes you
- UPDATE: Alleged sexually violent predator back in custody after he was mistakenly released from Fresno County jailby Corin Hoggard on October 24, 2020 at 5:54 AM
UPDATE: Juan Manuel Zamora, 54, has been found and is back in custody, according to the Fresno County Sheriff's Office.
- Top stories from ABC7 News on Instagramby KGO on October 24, 2020 at 5:29 AM
Here are ABC7 News' top stories on Instagram.
- Hit-And-Run Leaves 81-Year-Old Fairfield Woman Namie Stewart Deadby Sacramento Local News From CBS 13 And KOVR – CBS Sacramento on October 24, 2020 at 5:19 AM
A search is on for the driver suspected in a hit-and-run that left an 81-year-old Fairfield woman dead.
- SF Zoo says Maki is happy to be home after burglary, shares photos of lemur relaxingby KGO on October 24, 2020 at 5:16 AM
A week after being allegedly stolen, Maki the ring-tailed lemur has returned to the San Francisco Zoo for some much needed R&R with friends in the Lipman Family Lemur Forest.
- Cal Fire Says Weekend Wind Event May Be ‘Stronger Than Anything We’ve Seen This Year’by Sacramento Local News From CBS 13 And KOVR – CBS Sacramento on October 24, 2020 at 5:10 AM
Extreme fire danger warnings have been issued across the region ahead of what Cal Fire said might be the worst wind event of the year.
- South Lake Tahoe Steps Up To Help Restaurants Face The Winterby Sacramento Local News From CBS 13 And KOVR – CBS Sacramento on October 24, 2020 at 5:10 AM
With winter right around the corner, South Lake Tahoe is stepping in to help its restaurant industry survive the cold.
- Old Sacramento Neighbors Fed Up With Late-Night Noise Issuesby Sacramento Local News From CBS 13 And KOVR – CBS Sacramento on October 24, 2020 at 4:17 AM
People in Old Sacramento are fed up with cars and motorcycles ripping through the streets doing burnouts and lewd behavior happening late at night.
- Bay Area, CAL FIRE bracing for powerful winds, critical fire conditions this weekendby Mike Nicco on October 24, 2020 at 4:12 AM
"This is a very serious situation unfolding." The wind storm heading to the Bay Area this weekend could rival the strong offshore event during the 2019 Kincade Fire in Sonoma County. Timeline here:
- On pins and needles: Napa bowling alley says county moved to orange tier in the nick of timeby Wayne Freedman on October 24, 2020 at 3:26 AM
'IT'S A MIRACLE WE SURVIVED': A Napa bowling alley that's been run by the same family for generations, is finally back open after months of panic and fears they may have to permanently close.
- Garcetti faces new questions as top aide is accused of sexual misconductby Dakota Smith, Benjamin Oreskes, Richard Winton on October 24, 2020 at 3:05 AM
A spokesman for Mayor Eric Garcetti on Friday denied that the mayor, First Lady Amy Wakeland and Garcetti's chief of staff discussed political risks associated with advisor's behavior.