- MAP: PG&E Public Safety Power Shutoffs expected to impact thousands in Bay Areaby KGO on October 21, 2020 at 7:24 PM
HERE WE GO AGAIN: Thousands of residents in the Bay Area are expected to be impacted this week by PG&E's latest round of Public Safety Power Shutoffs.
- Fmr. President Obama to hold drive-in rally for Joe Biden in Philly todayby WPVI on October 21, 2020 at 7:12 PM
Former President Barack Obama will hold a drive-in rally outside Citizens Bank Park in South Philadelphia. The event will be ticketed without public access.
- 3 critical, including child, in New York elementary school bus crashby WABC on October 21, 2020 at 7:05 PM
The crash involved a Little Britain Elementary School bus, which authorities say collided with a tree trimming truck.
- 5,000 pumpkins light up NJ stadium for drive-thru Jack-O-Lantern Experienceby CCG on October 21, 2020 at 7:02 PM
The Skylands Stadium in Augusta, New Jersey has transformed into a drive-thru display with over 5,000 jack-o'-lanterns.
- Laurie Metcalf, Lecy Goranson talk 'The Conners' season 3 and tackling the pandemicby KGO on October 21, 2020 at 6:59 PM
The show has never been one to shy away from current events and prides itself on being relatable to American families and the challenges they face.
- Conception boat fire victims were awake, might have been saved with warning, NTSB saysby Richard Winton on October 21, 2020 at 6:58 PM
The National Transportation Safety Board finds the fire that killed 34 on the Conception was burning for at least 30 minutes before anyone reacted.
- Napa wineries reopen indoor tasting rooms as county hits orange tierby Amy Hollyfield on October 21, 2020 at 6:53 PM
CHEERS! The sun is shining on Napa County and the skies are blue, but it's not the weather that is making everyone smile. It's the news that wineries can reopen their indoor tasting rooms!
- Man, 60, Dies After Stabbing In Stockton; Suspect Arrestedby Sacramento Local News From CBS 13 And KOVR – CBS Sacramento on October 21, 2020 at 6:45 PM
Authorities are investigating after a man was found fatally stabbed inside a Stockton residence on Tuesday.
- Activist Cat Brooks, poet laureate Samuel Getachew address sustainable ways to activate change in Oaklandby KGO on October 21, 2020 at 6:41 PM
"If you can't find a home in the 8,465,322.5 progressive organizations in the Bay Area, start your own." 17-year-old poet Samuel Getachew and longtime activist Cat Brooks share how Bay Area residents can reshape the future of Oakland.
- CAREN Act: San Francisco officials vote unanimously to ban racially-motivated 911 callsby KGO on October 21, 2020 at 6:10 PM
San Francisco supervisors passed the bill Caution Against Racially and Exploitative Non-Emergencies (CAREN) that will make false racially-charged 911 reports illegal.
- How your vote in the 2020 election still makes an impact in a non-battleground stateby AP on October 21, 2020 at 6:10 PM
This year's legislative elections are even more important than usual: They are the last before a new round of redistricting based on the results of the 2020 census.
- Teens detained after altercation at pro-Trump rally in Palm Springs, police sayby Faith E. Pinho on October 21, 2020 at 5:59 PM
Two boys — 13 and 15 — were among a group who allegedly confronted Trump supporters and assaulted at least two people, authorities said.
- Little ginger cat stares down "scary" potato, wondering if it's a friend or foeby KGO on October 21, 2020 at 5:48 PM
KITTEN VS. POTATO: Tiny ginger cat stares down "scary" potato while exploring its surroundings after being rescued.
- Purdue Pharma, makers of painkiller associated with opioid epidemic, to plead to 3 criminal chargesby AP on October 21, 2020 at 5:40 PM
The federal government seeks to hold Purdue responsible for the opioid crisis linked to 470,000 American deaths since 2000.
- The Earthquake Effect: Stay safe during a natural disasterby KGO on October 21, 2020 at 5:38 PM
Amid a global pandemic and another season of wildfires, the Bay Area faces the constant threat of a devastating earthquake. Prepare your family and home for the next seismic shift with lifesaving advice from the California Earthquake Authority.